One of the basic and more popular forms of Yoga, Hatha is made up of ‘Ha’ (Sun) and ‘Tha’ (Moon), which together means forceful in Sanskrit.
In this 200hr course, get an in-depth understanding of the history and fundamental teachings of Hatha Yoga. Apart from deepening your practice, you’ll also learn how to sequence and conduct classes.
With this, expand your Asana practice and learn the different benefits each Asana provides as well as how to get into each pose with proper technique. Beyond that, you’ll learn about other ways Hatha Yoga can benefit the mind and body.
Should you wish to be an instructor, you’ll also be guided on the steps and actions needed to be one.
– Discovering and understanding the history, as well as the concepts of Hatha Yoga (to gain fundamental knowledge of how Hatha Yoga came about and being able to apply it to the other areas of the course)
– Exploring Yogic philosophy covering Hatha Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Bhagavad Gita, and foundations in Samkhya Philosophy (to follow through the course with a guide that revolves around the practice of physical, emotional and mental awareness)
– Understanding detailed instructions on Yogic practices that go beyond Asanas – Pranayama, Meditation, Bandhas, Mudras, Chakras and Kriya (and its importance in increasing immunity, reducing stress and removing the build-up of toxins in the various systems of the body)
– Delving into Anatomic and Physiology foundations that integrate with your Asana knowledge (how different Asanas benefit the body, the contraindications, how to execute the poses safely and variations that cater to different bodies)
– Learning about teaching methodology that covers finding your teaching voice, building your confidence and abilities in teaching the theory and practical aspects of Hatha Yoga (teacher dos and don’ts, finding your style, as well as planning and teaching a class)
Early bird special: $3,299 (U.P $3,899) – limited slots only
- History of Yoga
- Concepts in Yoga
- The Root of Word Yoga
- Applications of Yoga
- Yoga and Health
- Karma Yoga
- Sapta Chakra
- Yoga Philosophy
- The Eight Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Breathing Techniques
- Bandhas, Mudras, Chakras & Kriya
- Yoga Nidra
- Being a Yoga Teacher
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Standing Poses
- Sitting Poses
- Supine Poses
- Prone Poses
- Relaxation Techniques
The benefits of joining this course
– An opportunity to join our 20hr Internship Program and further your teaching experience. Upon completion, you may have the chance to join Jal as Full-Time instructor.
– Receive a Yoga Alliance International certification upon completion of the program.
– Enjoy the following trainee perks**:
1) 10 hours of studio space either for your own practice or teaching your friends and family (worth $1500)
2) 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal
3) Complimentary 1 month of unlimited classes (worth $199)
4) Complimentary 3 months of unlimited classes for one of your family members or friends (worth $597)
Your instructor – Abhijeet
Growing up on the ghats of the spiritual city of Varanasi, India, his interest in Yoga sparked during high school days, when he spent a week at an ashram as a volunteer. Already enjoying the study of Sanskrit mantras and Vedic culture, he knew he wanted to pursue higher studies in this field and make a difference to others’ lives through his learning and experience.
After completing his 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Yoga Therapy from S-VYASA Yoga University in India, he immersed himself into the world of teaching Yoga and meditation. He has earned an excellent reputation in a short period of time as a supportive and friendly spirit with an ability to permeate his classes with positivity and passion.
M.Sc in Yoga Therapy
200hr Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
(14 Aug, 4 Sep, 16 Oct, Saturdays)
– 60mins preview class (theory & practical)
– No prerequisites required as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally
Course Details and Fees
Dates: (weekends only)
6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 Nov
4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19 Dec
8, 9, 15, 16 Jan
Course on break:
25, 26 Dec (Christmas)
1, 2 Jan (New Year’s)
Time: 0800 – 1800
Duration: 9 weekends
Location: Jal Upper Bukit Timah, 816 Upp Bt Timah Rd, S678149
Fees***: $3,299 (first 5 only), $3,899 (regular) – GST inclusive
– An advance deposit of $1500 is required to reserve your slot
– Fee includes training materials, assessments and certification
*Syllabus might be updated.
**Terms and conditions apply.
***Cancellation Policy: Refund of the deposit is subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive) and this will be deducted from your deposit. Any cancellation received 45 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee. No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposited amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive).