Info Session (4 Apr & 2 May)
Come and get a better understanding of the course and have your questions answered first-hand from the instructor, Sarah. Sign up for the info session now.
Deeply relaxing, this 24-hour course covers the history, theory and practical of what Wheel Yoga truly is, how it benefits you, and if you wish to be an instructor, how to pass the knowledge on. As a yoga type that’s getting more notice, this is the perfect time to deepen your practice.
What Can You Expect Out of this Course?
- Learn when to push/not push yourself to gain maximum benefits
- What to look out for when you execute the poses
- How you can perform the poses confidently and safely
- How your breathing plays a part
- Alternatives for the poses if you have injuries/prior conditions
- What poses work for different conditions
- How it can help relief aches and pains
- We understand that everyone is different and may require different attention
- How to teach this type of practice
- Teacher do and don’ts
- Finding your style
Your Instructor - Sarah
I used to be a National Team Kayaker and trainings over the years had made me very stiff. This lead me to take on yoga classes in the hope of gaining some flexibility. I started off with Bikram Yoga and after practising almost daily for a year, I became a “Yoga addict” and decided to take up TTCs to deepen my practice and knowledge.
I believe Yoga is beyond just chasing Asanas. I encourage the use of props during my classes, focus on alignment and practicing safely. To me, the journey to self-discovery, self-awareness and learning to love yourself is what yoga is truly about. I promise you a highly energetic class, which will leave you feeling strong and rejuvenated.
- RYT-200hr (Yoga Alliance)
- 200hr Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance)
- Aerial Yoga (YACEP)
- Wheel Yoga Certified (Yoga Alliance)
- Barre Certified (Mindful Movement and BarreBody Australia)
- Mat Pilates Certified (BASI)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
- What Wheel Yoga is about
- Understanding Anatomy and Physiology
- Planes of Motion
- Hips & Lower Body
- Upper Body
- Upper Body & Shoulders
- Planning & Teaching
- Being an Instructor
*Syllabus might be updated.
This 24hour-Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course is accredited by Yoga Alliance International. You will receive a Yoga Alliance International certification upon completion of the program. The hours clocked in can contribute to your yoga and teaching experiences, and be recognised around the world. To find out more about Yoga Alliance, please visit website.
- No pre-requisites but it would be good to have some background in Wheel.
- The most important thing is that as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally, we will definitely enable you during this course.
Course Details and Fee
Dates: 7, 8, 9 May (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Time: 9am – 6pm
Duration: 3 days
Location: Jal Yoga (Upper Bukit Timah), 816 Upper Bukit Timah Road, S678149
Fee: $1,099 (first 10 sign-ups only), $1,699 (regular)
- An advance deposit of $600 is required to reserve your slot for this course
- Prices include examinations, certification, manuals, and all other training materials
- Note: As an effort to go green and paperless, the teaching manual will be provided in a PDF version. Writing materials will be provided at the studio for your use.
- 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal Yoga
- 1 month of classes complimentary
- Refund of the deposit is subject to a $50 processing fee and this will be deducted from your deposit
- Any cancellation received 60 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee
- No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposit amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $50 processing fee