This invigorating 35-hour course (of which 11 hours will be devoted to shadow teaching and teacher training assessment) covers all aspects of Barre from its conception in London, to the physical strengthening, to how you can potentially lead a class in this workout type. Even if you’re looking to just gain more insights, this course will leave you feeling confident in your abilities, and needless to say, feeling healthier.
Course Details and Fee
Dates: 14, 15, 16 April (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Time: 9am – 6pm
Duration: 3 days
Location: Jal Yoga (Katong), 131 East Coast Road, #03-01, S428816
Fee: $1,399 (first 10 sign-ups only), $1,799 (regular)*
- An advance deposit of $700 is required to reserve your slot for this course
- Prices include examinations, certification, manuals, and all other training materials
- Note: As an effort to go green and paperless, the teaching manual will be provided in a PDF version. Writing materials will be provided at the studio for your use.
*Prices include GST
What Can You Expect Out of this Course?
- Learn when to push/not push yourself to gain maximum benefits
- What to look out for when you execute the poses
- How you can perform the poses confidently and safely
- Using props to further your gains
- Alternatives for the poses if you have injuries/prior conditions
- Understanding how the poses and exercises benefit the body, and which muscle group it targets
- We understand that everyone is different and may require different attention
- How to teach this type of practice
- Teacher do and don’ts
- Exploring the type of music to use during a session
- Finding your style
Your Instructor - Sarah
I used to be a National Team Kayaker and trainings over the years had made me very stiff. This lead me to take on yoga classes in the hope of gaining some flexibility. I started off with Bikram Yoga and after practising almost daily for a year, I became a “Yoga addict” and decided to take up TTCs to deepen my practice and knowledge.
I started teaching barre because I like the fact that it is a low impact but full body workout that works on muscle groups that you never knew existed. The repetitive movements, pulses and isometric holds coupled with dynamic music is an experience that you will never have in any other workouts and it leaves you feeling energised and refreshed after a class. I enjoy pilates, music and dance so barre is definitely the perfect combination of all these!
- RYT-200hr (Yoga Alliance)
- 200hr Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance)
- Aerial Yoga (YACEP)
- Wheel Yoga Certified (Yoga Alliance)
- Barre Certified (Mindful Movement and BarreBody Australia)
- Mat Pilates Certified (BASI)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
In addition to learning the theories, participants will take part in practical sessions. Also, 11hrs out of this 35-hour course will be devoted to shadow teaching – participants will be observing Jal Barre classes.
- What is Barre?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Identifying Neutral Position
- Alignment Terms
- Planes of motion
- Importance of Warm Up
- Creating warm up moves
- Planning segments (sequencing, layering and transitions)
- Teach a class!
- What is Barre?
- Upper Body Series
- Lower Body Series
- Abdominal Series
- Pre and Post natal modifications
- Principals of planning and teaching a class
*Syllabus might be updated.
- Have taken a Barre class before
- The most important thing is that as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally, we will definitely enable you during this course.
- 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal Yoga
- 1 month of classes complimentary
You will receive a certification from Jal Yoga Academy, certifying your participation and completion of the Barre TTC.
- Refund of the deposit is subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive) and this will be deducted from your deposit
- Any cancellation received 60 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee
- No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposit amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive)