From stretching to strengthening, deepen your practice with a connection to the wheel. This 35-hour course covers the history, theory and practical of what Wheel Yoga truly is and how it benefits you. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your skillset, wish to pass the knowledge on as an instructor, or just simply aiming to deepen the practice, this course welcomes all.
This course is structured such that 11 hours will be devoted to shadow teaching and teacher training assessment.
– Discovering and appreciating the history, as well as the philosophy of Wheel Yoga
– Equipping yourself with the knowledge on the fundamentals of Wheel Yoga (understanding planes of motion and breathing techniques)
– Delving into the anatomic and physiology of Wheel Yoga
– Understanding how the poses benefit the body, and which muscle group it targets (hips & lower body, abdominal, upper body & shoulders, as well as many others)
– Using of the Wheel to deepen your Yoga poses
– Finding your own teaching voice, building your confidence and abilities in teaching theory and practical aspects of Wheel Yoga (teacher dos and don’ts, finding your style, as well as planning and teaching a class)
Early bird rate – limited slots only
- What Wheel Yoga is about
- Understanding Anatomy and Physiology
- Planes of Motion
- Hips & Lower Body
- Upper Body
- Upper Body & Shoulders
- Planning & Teaching
- Being an Instructor
The benefits of joining this course
– An opportunity to join our 20hr Internship Program where you can instruct Jal classes
– Receive a Yoga Alliance International certification upon completion of the program. This 35-Hour Wheel Yoga Teacher Training Course is accredited by Yoga Alliance International. The hours clocked in can contribute to your Yoga and teaching experiences, and will be recognised around the world. To find out more about Yoga Alliance, please visit their website.
– Enjoy the following trainee perks**:
1) 10 hours of studio space either for your own practice or teaching your friends and family (worth $1500)
2) 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal
3) Complimentary 1 month unlimited classes (worth $199)
4) Complimentary 3 months unlimited classes for one of your family members or friends (worth $597)
Sarah used to be a National Team Kayaker and training over the years had made her very stiff. This led her to take on Yoga classes in the hope of gaining some flexibility. She started off with Bikram Yoga and after practicing almost daily for a year, Sarah became a “Yoga addict” and decided to take up TTCs to deepen her practice and knowledge.
Sarah believes Yoga is beyond just chasing Asanas. She encourages the use of props during her classes, focuses on alignment and practicing safely. To her, the journey to self-discovery, self-awareness and learning to love yourself is what Yoga is truly about.
- RYT-200hr (Yoga Alliance)
- 200hr Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance)
- Aerial Yoga (YACEP)
- Wheel Yoga Certified (Yoga Alliance)
- Barre Certified (Mindful Movement and BarreBody Australia)
- Mat Pilates Certified (BASI)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
(8 May & 29 May, Saturdays)
– 60mins preview class (theory & practical)
– No pre-requisites but it would be good to have some background in Wheel
– The most important thing is that as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally, we will definitely enable you during this course
Course Details and Fees
Dates: Batch 1: 11, 12, 13 June (Fri, Sat & Sun) Batch 2: 3, 4, 5 Dec (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Time: 0900 – 1800
Duration: 3 days
Location: Jal Alexandra, 456 Alexandra Rd, #02-03, S119962
Fees***: $1,099 (first 5 only), $1,699 (regular) – GST inclusive
– An advance deposit of $600 is required to reserve your slot
– Fee includes training materials, assessments and certification – Receive a complimentary Jal Wheel
*Syllabus might be updated.
**Terms and conditions apply.
***Cancellation Policy: Refund of the deposit is subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive) and this will be deducted from your deposit. Any cancellation received 45 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee. No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposited amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive).