This invigorating 35hr course covers all aspect of Barre from its conception in London, to the physical strengthening, to how you can potentially lead a class in this workout type.
Even if you’re looking to just gain more insights, this course will leave you feeling confident in your abilities, and needless to say, feeling healthier.
This course is structured such that 11 hours will be devoted to shadow teaching and teacher training assessment.
– Discovering and appreciating the history, as well as the philosophy of Barre
– Equipping yourself with the knowledge on the fundamentals of Barre (identifying your neutral position, alignment terms, as well as planes of motion)
– Delving into the anatomic (skeletal and muscle groups) theories of Barre
– Understanding how the poses and exercises benefit the body, and which muscle group it targets (upper body series, lower body series, abdominal series, as well as many others)
– Using of props to further your gains for each pose (weights and exercise balls)
– Finding your own teaching voice, building your confidence and abilities in teaching theory and practical aspects of Barre (creating warm-up moves, sequencing a Barre class, layering sequences with different variations and transitions, as well as musicality for a Barre class)
Early bird special: $1,399 (U.P $1,799) – limited slots only
- What is Barre?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Identifying Neutral Position
- Alignment Terms
- Planes of motion
- Importance of Warm Up
- Creating warm up moves
- Planning segments (sequencing, layering and transitions)
- Teach a class!
- What is Barre?
- Upper Body Series
- Lower Body Series
- Abdominal Series
- Pre and Post natal modifications
- Principals of planning and teaching a class
The benefits of joining this course
– An opportunity to join our 20hr Internship Program and further your teaching experience. Upon completion, you may have the chance to join Jal as Full-Time instructor.
– Enjoy the following trainee perks**:
1) 10 hours of studio space either for your own practice or teaching your friends and family (worth $1500)
2) 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal
3) Complimentary 1 month of unlimited classes (worth $199)
4) Complimentary 3 months of unlimited classes for one of your family members or friends (worth $597)
Your instructor – Sarah
Sarah started teaching Barre because she likes the fact that it is a low-impact but full-body workout that works on muscle groups that you never knew existed. The repetitive moments, pulses and isometric holds coupled with dynamic music is an experience that she believes will never have in any other workouts.
It leaves her feeling energised and refreshed after a class. Sarah enjoys Pilates, music and dance so Barre is definitely the perfect combination of all these!
- RYT-200hr (Yoga Alliance)
- 200hr Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance)
- Aerial Yoga (YACEP)
- Wheel Yoga Certified (Yoga Alliance)
- Barre Certified (Mindful Movement and BarreBody Australia)
- Mat Pilates Certified (BASI)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
(2 Oct & 23 Oct, Saturdays)
– 60mins preview class (theory & practical)
– Have taken a Barre class before
– The most important thing is that as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally, we will definitely enable you during this course
Course Details and Fees
Dates: 5, 6, 7 Nov (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Time: 0900 – 1800
Duration: 3 days
Location: Jal Katong, 131 East Coast Road, #03-01, S428816
Fees***: $1,399 (first 5 only), $1,799 (regular) – GST inclusive
– An advance deposit of $700 is required to reserve your slot
– Fee includes training materials, assessments and certification
*Syllabus might be updated.
**Terms and conditions apply.
***Cancellation Policy: Refund of the deposit is subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive) and this will be deducted from your deposit. Any cancellation received 45 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee. No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposited amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $117.70 processing fee (GST inclusive).