What is it about
Whether you’re new to Yoga or if you’ve been practicing for years, one thing’s for certain: you want to ensure that you’re going through the poses with the correct alignment so that you can reap the benefits of your practice.
However, did you know that there isn’t just one universal “correct” way to execute poses when it comes to alignment? Depending on your body shape, bone structure and muscle length, the correct alignment might look different on you and someone else in class.
Thus, it is important to understand and be aware of your own body, what your restrictions are like when or where you feel pain as well as how you can use props to assist and realign your body.
What are the benefits?
Achieving proper alignment will help:
- Put less stress on the spine for the maintenance of good posture
- Minimize the risk of injury.
- Strengthen your muscles by enabling efficient activation of specific areas of the body
- Maintain stability, increase the body’s flow of energy
- Physical practice of Hatha-based poses
- Working on the alignment for different body types and learning from each other
- Learn how to use yoga equipment and props to realign the body
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who wishes to improve their alignment in Yoga poses, regardless of level – from total beginners to advanced practitioners.
☞ If you’re ready to work on getting your alignment on point, sign up here.