What is it about
This workshop is all about understanding your back by diving into basic anatomy and physiology. Through proper techniques, safely enter backbends and access advanced poses.
What are the benefits
Beginners will understand the basics and importance of backbends, as well as techniques to get to the next level. Intermediate and advanced practitioners can learn to improve their backbends with proper techniques. As this workshop caters to all levels, everyone can benefit.
As a participant, you’ll also strengthen your back muscles and feel your backbends improve.
- Brief intro about backbends
- Basic anatomy and importance of spine, back muscles and spinal nerves.
- Do’s and don’ts in backbends.
- Techniques to protect the spin while in backbends.
- Use of props to improve advanced backbends.
- Putting everything into practice for 1.5 hours.
Things to be aware of
- Not advisable for those with recent back surgeries and injuries. Chronic and acute back pain, Scoliosis and Spondylitis or Spondylosis
- Safe distancing measures and guidelines as implemented by the Singapore Government and Jal Yoga
- *Please note that some forms of recording (photography, video and/or audio) may take place at this workshop. By attending this workshop, you hereby give your consent for such recordings and for such data to be used or quoted on Jal Yoga’s website / social media. If you do not wish to be captured or recorded, please notify our staff prior to the workshop.
Who is this workshop for?
- Yoga practitioners of all levels
☞ If you’re ready to deepen your backbends, sign up here.