What is Jal Barre Instructor Training all about?
The dynamic Jal Barre Instructor Training Program is ideal for everyone who enjoys a good full-body workout and aspires to spread the positive vibe and cultivate mindful body awareness for other people. Anyone who is looking to share music-inspired movement to their students will love the specially arranged and choreographed class sequence that incorporates not only fun but also target at building dynamic stability, optimising mobility as well as enhancing movement efficiency.
With 5 flourishing studios, our Barre classes are always in popular demand. In 2020, Jal has launched its first Barre Teachers Training to train up the next batch of aspiring barre instructors and nurture a pool of incredible talent for the local teaching community.
We pride ourselves on delivering only the most market-relevant and comprehensive courses to help you stay competitive, relevant and shape up your instructor charisma that will transform other people’s lives. Learn how to incorporate different Barre props (i.e. weights, pilates ball, strap etc) with various movement practices. Sculpt, tone and have fun with this Teacher Trainings to improve your cardio health and move with awareness. With proper planning, safety management as well as developing your very own Barre instructor persona, you can elevate your teaching experience and deliver a Barre experience that is safe, calculated, memorable and fun!
Jal’s Barre Instructor Training Program offers a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire and discover your unique instructor persona.
During this instructor training, you will learn how to teach to a variety of learning styles and how to scaffold learning for new and experienced students. The instructor will teach you how to plan out progressive lesson plans to further your student’s coordination, strength, and flexibility, as well as focus on alignment, moving in rhythm to the music, and teaching to your audience.
The instructor will focus on how intention, tone of voice, physical touch can motivate people in different ways, and detailed exploration of how to cue physically through different learning styles (verbal, visual, tactile, sensory, and explanation) can be done in different ways throughout classes to help your future students.
Throughout the 3-day course, you will be gaining deeper insights into some of the following:
By training up on your own musicality, you will be able to design classes with great flow as you learn to move, speak, and be one with music. During this training, you will be learning to coordinate speech, listen to music and your physical actions to meld comprehensively. The course will break down in details on how to cue efficiently to the beat of music, how to get to know songs to emphasize their accent and use music to deliver an effective class.
This segment will be covering traditional ballerina exercises done at the barre with an emphasis on learning how muscles work to hone your best possible alignment and form. You will learn to look for proper alignment and keep people safe during this high-impact workout. Dance basics will explore movement from a variety of genres, from jazz to pop and hip hop.
This course places great emphasis on proper alignment and body awareness, in the ballerina basics and pilates section, as well as part of the physical movement curriculum. This will also come to play throughout education on the anatomy of movement.
- Class I
- Pilates Principles and Cueing
- Pilates History
- Anatomy and How to Move
- Introducing Yourself
- Setting the Tone for Class
- Class II
- Rhythm and Music
- Ballet Inspiration
- Practice Learning
- Listening to you Body
- Co-teaching and Feedback
- Mock Class Teaching (teaching each other a full class)
This accreditation will allow you to teach barre anytime, anywhere you have a barre! Jal Yoga (with five locations in Singapore) as well as Mindful Movement Studios (they teach classes islandwide, from Tiong Bahru, to Woodleigh, to Raffles Place) are all places where you may use your teacher training to conduct classes.
Joanna is Equipment Pilates, Aerial Arts, and Barre trained. Her qualifications are:
- Polestar Pilates Studio Trained – over 500 hours and three years of teaching experience with Pilates in all equipment.
- Antigravity Aerial Fundamentals 1&2, Suspension Fitness, and AirBarre
- Om Factory Advanced Teacher Trained – Certified to Teach
- Pop Pilates
- Dance experience in jazz, hip hop, ballet
Have to have attended at least 10 Barre Classes, or have experience teaching dance and fitness. Strong knees, an eye for form and alignment, and compassion are really big pluses.
Will I be able to teach right after I graduate from this course?
There’s nothing like hands-on experience and we give you during this Barre Instructor Training. During the course we will practice teaching one another and gradually deepen your understanding Barre teaching principles and train you up for teaching over these 3 days. If you are ready to teach, the instructor will let you know! If you feel like you need more time to practice, just contact us when you are ready so our instructor can review your progress and give guidance and feedback.
Will I receive a certificate after the programme?
Yes, you will!
- Date: 5, 6,12, 13 December 2020
- Time: 10am to 6pm
- Location: Jal Yoga (Katong), 131 East Coast Road #03-01, Singapore 428816
$1299 (early bird, first 10 sign-ups only)
- An advance deposit of $600 is required to reserve your slot for this course
- Prices include examinations, certification and all other training materials
- Complimentary Jal Kit (worth $100)
- As an effort to go green and paperless, the teaching manual will be provided in the form of a PDF version. Writing materials will be provided at the studio for your usage. (Let’s all do our part to help reduce clutter and save the environment! )
- Receive a 10% discount for your next Teachers Training Course with Jal Yoga
- Complimentary one-month unlimited classes across all our five studios
- All refunds of deposit are subject to a $50 processing fee that will be deducted from your refund
- Any cancellation received 60 days prior to course will result in forfeit of 50% of the course fee.
- No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course. The deposit amount can be used for future Teachers Training Course, subject to a $50 processing fee
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Mobile number:
- Any medical history:
- Any injury:
- Teachers Training Course you’d like to sign up:
- You will be notified by email within 3-5 days of its approval along with a Welcome Letter outlining payment procedures and further details
For inquiries, please email email@example.com