What is it about
Headstands can be intimidating and cause many of us to avoid exploring this pose due to fear or lack of instruction.
However, they can actually be practised safely and explored effectively with enough explanation and guidance. After some practice, you can even have fun with it!
Also known as “The King of Asanas”, the headstand offers lots of benefits – especially when one learns to execute it correctly and safely.
What are the benefits?
- Calms the nervous system helping to relieve stress and mild depression
- Stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands
- Strengthens the arms, legs, and spine
- Strengthens the lungs
- Tones the abdominal organs
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Therapeutic for asthma, infertility, insomnia, and sinusitis
- Theory (muscles used for headstand, its benefits)
- Warm up and strengthening drills for arm and core strength
- Exploring headstand and tripod headstand with and without blocks
Things to be aware of
Please avoid attending this workshop if you have:
– High blood pressure
– Glaucoma, detached retina or recent eye surgery
– A pregnancy that is 4 months along or more
– Recent neck injury
– Severe blocked nose, headache, or in the midst of an asthmatic attack
Who is this workshop for?
Students of all levels, especially those who want to learn how to headstand and those who have yet to be able to hold a headstand for a longer period of time.
☞ If you’re ready to go upside down, sign up here.