What is it about
Find your edge (the point of a posture where you feel mild, moderate amounts of stress in the targeted body part – without going as deep as you can) through inward exploration in this guided full-body Yin Yoga workshop.
Throughout the practice, targeted release of tense muscle fascia will promote and stimulate deep relaxation, while simultaneously expanding understanding of the yin and yang nature of your Yoga practice.
What are the benefits?
- Deep relaxation and opening of the body as we stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system through specially curated Yin asanas, accompanied by calming aromas and soothing sounds.
- Release of tension in muscle fascia to help alleviate soreness and enhance range of motion.
- Remove blockages of energetic pathways within the body.
- Activation of targeted meridians within the body to elevate positive mood, alleviate stress and anxiety, and promote cultivation of self-awareness.
- Discover new Yin practices to complement your Yang practice
- We will establish a soothing space with aroma, sound, and pranayama as we set intentions leading into a detailed guided Yin practice
- Yin Yoga postures are relaxed and guide practitioners to an optimal ‘edge’, whereby finding stillness over a period of 2-5 minutes for each pose will produces a wide range of physical and mental benefits
- Application of an array of props to support and modify postures for an individually tailored Yin practice
- Introduction of Meridians as they relate to Yin yoga practice will be sprinkled in throughout the session
Example of postures
- Gentle postures that target and release muscle fascia throughout the whole body.
- Practitioners will ease into each pose, arriving at stillness and holding over a period of time.
- All postures are generally performed in the seated, supine, or prone position.
Who is this workshop for?
This practice is suited for all levels from advanced to beginner practitioners. Those recovering from recent surgery or physical injury should consult with a medical professional before attending.
☞ If you’re ready to explore your Yin edge with Ian, sign up here.