Let’s face it: we social golfers are not professional athletes, unlike the pros! We don’t stretch or even go to the gym, some of us hardly go to the range to even practice our swing.
But we all know that if we have a stronger core, a firmer and stronger base we can swing better and faster, thus hitting the ball further and more consistently. Yes, we all know that.
So here we are, Yoga for Golfers!
With Yoga, we can get better at golf naturally because:
- The increased dynamic range of motion will allow proper coiling and uncoiling of the torso and spine.
- Reduces potential swing faults caused by short, tight muscles.
- Increased flexibility reduces the risk of injury.
- Balance in the stance and throughout the entire swing plane is vital for a repeatable and reliable golf swing.
- Proper balance enables efficient weight transfer, generating power and accuracy.
- Proper balance through the finish position allows full extension of the body towards the target.
- Core Strength
- Allows you to deliver the club to the impact position, generating power and clubhead speed, resulting in increased distance.
- Assists in maintaining a proper spine angle.
- Strengthening the abdominal and back muscles is a critical element for golf performance and longevity in the sport.
- Mindful breathing increases oxygen flow to muscles, relieving tension, and allowing rhythm and tempo in your swing. By including mindful breathing techniques during yoga practice, breathing awareness becomes second nature on the course.
- Pelvis/Sacrum/Lumbar Spine
- Cervical Spine/Neck
Mobility ( Flexibility)
- Thoracic Spine
Classes to go for:
✨Interested to give Yoga a try?✨ Book your mat here