Meet our dedicated instructorsHere at Jal, our instructors are of a similar philosophy – wanting you to grow in body and mind. Gathered from different places around the world, our hope for you is to be inspired by their passion and energy, and experience positivity in your life.
It was during this retreat when realisation struck. The people he met provided enlightened perspectives and philosophies made him realised he needed to turn things around; Yoga brought on this awareness.
Pardeep then embarked on a journey to wellness - Yoga, bodybuilding and even Taiji; all were explored. He travelled to many countries, entering competitions at national and international levels. That’s when he realised that regardless of workout type, his foundation in Yoga helped. He then travelled world-wide, learning from the best ashrams, institutions and schools.
With that, he has taught in many places, both overseas and in Singapore, and truly believes that to practice Yoga is to serve. After all these years, his passion has not dwindled; Jal Yoga is his baby, his platform, to share and to help others embark on a journey for a healthier, happier, life.
• Teacher’s Training, The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Kerala
• Advance Teacher’s Training, The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Kerala
• Ashtanga Yoga Certification, KPJAYI, Mysore
• Rehab Trainer Course, ACE (America’s Authority on Fitness), New Delhi
• Acupressure Advance Certificate, Care & Cure International Institute of Alternate Science, New Delhi
Yin Yoga, Pre Natal Yoga
Her journey took a new approach upon discovering Pilates. It led to her also exploring Barre, as it encompass some things she truly enjoyed - music, dance and Pilates. A perfect combination.
Not one to just take it as it is, she brought her passion further - she decided to teach so others may benefit. Mirroring her own journey, she wishes her students to build awareness of their own body and to take the time to understand it, thus leading a healthier, more fulfilled, life.
Her life is indeed fulfilled; she spends time with her 2 young kids, squeezing in any spare moments to take her own practice further.
• E-RYT 200hr, Yoga Alliance
• 200hr Yin Yoga, Yoga Alliance
• Aerial Yoga, YACEP
• Wheel Yoga Certified, Yoga Alliance
• Barre Certified, Barre Body Australia
• Mat Pilates Certified, BASI
• Pilates Reformer, Barre Body Australia
• Pre and Post Natal Certified, Yoga Alliance
• Certified Personal Trainer, National Council on Strength and Fitness
Her journey taught her about body awareness, alignment, balance, health, love, and also, a way of life. She has practiced, studied and trained with some of the kindest, most talented and inspiring teachers from around the world. She practiced classical Yoga, covering Hatha, Vinyasa, Slow Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga, under the tutelage of Mahayogi Jani Jaatinen. It was under the guidance and support from her favoured and respected teachers Lily Aw and Jani Jaatinen that she decided to teach Yoga in 2013.
Throughout her teaching journey, she is very proud to have a group of lovely students, aged 3-80 years old. Students always find her energetic and powerful; classes leave them feeling comfortable, refreshed and renewed.
Having seen and experienced the positive changes Yoga brings, she hopes more people can benefit from this beautiful practice. She is humbled to share her knowledge and provide guidance to help others progress along their Yoga journey.
• 200hr Teacher Training Course Certificate, Gokul Yoga
• 200hr Kinetic Yoga Alignment, Yoga Alliance
• 350hr Kinetic Yoga Alignment Certificate, Founder Dennis Koh
• 15hr Wheel Yoga Teacher Training Course Certificate, YOGA Decoded Darren Chen
• 50hr Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Course Certificate, Jal Yoga
After 10 years climbing the corporate ladder, she decided to take a break and pursued her first 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course in 2006. Realisation dawned - Yoga was her true calling. It is beyond just complicated poses; it is to understand the purpose of life, and the connection between body, mind and soul. It is a philosophy that changed her way of life.
Always fun and entertaining, filled with clear-cut instructions, Rachel’s classes hold a certain challenge that students are determined to overcome. They leave feeling rejuvenated physically and mentally, and she urges them to come with an open mind to enjoy and experience the gradual transformation. She strongly believes that correct breathing methods will eliminate pain, bringing joy and peace of mind.
When not teaching or practicing, Rachel enjoys cycling, rock climbing, diving, skiing, trekking and hiking around the world.
• 500hr Advanced Vinyasa and Hatha Teacher Training Certification
• 100hr Yin Yoga Training Certification
• 50hr Yoga Wheel
• 50hr Aerial Yoga
Before graduating from high school, he knew he wanted to pursue higher studies in this field and make a difference to others’ lives through his learning and experience.
After completing his 200hr Yoga teacher training and Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Yoga Therapy from S-VYASA Yoga University in India, he immersed himself into the world of teaching Yoga and meditation. He has earned an excellent reputation in a short period of time as a supportive and friendly spirit with an ability to permeate his classes with positivity and passion.
His long-term goal is to help others improve the quality of their life by aligning their mind, body and soul through Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and spiritual practices.
Prior to him coming to Singapore, he has also taught in China and Vietnam.
M.Sc (yoga therapy), Yoga Instructor course from
S-VYASA Yoga University
Yoga Awards, Accolades and Feature
• Lead Yoga session for 1st Kashi International Yoga Festival, 2020
• Featured on CNN International: Chasing Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta (episode telecasted on April 26, 2019)
• Lead Acro Yoga Presenter for Decathlon Sports India’s promotional events (Bengaluru, 2017 – 2018)
• Selected by the “24th International Yoga Festival” judge panel for yoga demonstrations (Pondicherry, 2018)
• Silver medalist in the 22nd Himalaya Yoga Olympiad (Bengaluru, 2018)
• Gold medalist in the District Yoga Championship (Mirzapur, 2015)
With this knowledge at the back of his mind, he soon got the opportunity to practise it during his college days. It was during his practice that he realised it was also beneficial to him. From then on, besides reading, Yoga became his other passion. Influenced by his guru, his holiness Yogacharya Baseveshwara Swamiji, as well as to help others lead a healthy and peaceful life based on his own experience, he thus studied traditional and scientific Yoga in the Gurukul system. He then obtained a Master's degree in Yoga therapy and follows the techniques of Mysore Ashtanga Yoga.
Being in Singapore for the past one year, he hopes to spread the word on the benefits Yoga can bring to them. He wants to help others better their lives and their well-being, leading them on a journey that will improve whatever the situation they are in.
• M.Sc in Yogic Science, 2018
• Certificate Course in Yoga Studies (CYS), 2015
Yoga Therapy, Hip Opening
One of his favourite poses, the handstand, is both calming and energising. It also helps to build strength both mentally and physically. With that, he tries to incorporate it in his classes as much as possible. He is always learning, not only using the handstand in his transitional poses but thinking of new ideas of how to use it, and sharing with his students.
Pranava strongly believes in his student’s abilities: If you are not good at something, don't just ignore it but try to focus on it. Always stay committed to your practices and try to stay focused while you practising. Successful students always focus on the tasks at hand.
When not teaching or practicing Yoga, Pranava indulges in his hobbies - photography and listening to music.
• Master of Science in Yoga, 2017
• Certificate Course in Yoga Studies (CYS), 2015
• Gold Medal, 10th National Yoga Contest, Puri, Orisa
• Gold Medal, 2nd Asian Yoga Championship, 2010, Bangkok