What is it about
This workshop is all about exploring and mastering various arm balances in Yoga, from foundational poses like Crow Pose to advanced ones like Eka Pada Koundinyasana II (EPK2). Participants will learn the techniques, strength-building exercises, and mindfulness practices necessary to achieve and hold these challenging postures.
What are the benefits?
- Strength and Confidence: Arm balances build upper body and core strength, fostering confidence in your practice.
- Balance and Focus: These poses improve balance and concentration as you learn to align your body against gravity.
- Mind-Body Connection: The workshop emphasizes breath control and mental clarity, enhancing the mind-body connection.
- Fun and Challenge: Arm balances add an element of playfulness and challenge to your Yoga practice.
- Brief overview of the workshop’s goals and structure
- Importance of proper warm-up and preparation
- Theory and fundamentals of arm balances, alignment and core strength
- Discussion of the mental aspects, including focus and overcoming fear.
- Warm-up drills, mobility exercises and breathwork
- Basic arm balances such as Crow and Side Crow
- Progression to more challenging poses, such as Flying Pigeon and Eight-Angle Pose.
- Tips for transitioning between poses and maintaining balance.
Things to be aware of
Participants with wrist, shoulder, or back injuries should approach arm balances with caution and consult their healthcare provider before attending.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is suitable for intermediate to advanced yogis looking to delve into arm balances and go further in their practice. Some prior yoga experience is recommended.
Having said that, we also welcome those who are seeking to strengthen their upper body and core muscles.
☞ If you’re ready to defy gravity with confidence in arm balances, sign up here.