What is it about
Do you want to be able to finally do a Split?
Get ready to discover the art of pelvis movement, as well as improve the mobility and flexibility of your hip joint.
Through this workshop, you’ll get to take a closer look and understand the interplay of hamstrings, hip flexors, quads, adductors and abductors with the pelvis. On top of that, learn more about the exercises and stretches that can improve the mobility and flexibility of your hip joint as well as gain the tools and guidelines to achieve the Full Front Split and Side Split.
What are the benefits?
Achieving mobility and flexibility in hip joint helps to:
- Foster a profound range of motion in your daily activities such as walking, bending and sitting with increased ease and reduced strain
- Nurture better posture, alleviating undue pressure on the spine and promoting healthier alignment
- Mitigate discomfort in lower back, hips and knees
- Release accumulated tension and stress in hamstrings, hip flexors, abductors and adductors
- Introduction to the workshop and its purpose
- Introduction to the pelvis and hip rotator cuff muscles
- Warm up and breathing awareness
- Body Opening:
○ Hamstring and glute
○ Hip flexor and quad
○ Hip mobility and rotation
○ Abductors and adductors
- Creation of personal training or practice plan for different body types as everyone has a unique body
Things to be aware of
This workshop is inappropriate for people who are experiencing the following:
- Pelvic instabilities including sacroiliac joint issues, pubic symphysis issues, total hip joint replacements, hip bursitis
- Pregnancy, pre-natal or 6 weeks post-natal
- Neural tension
- Acute lower back pain
- Acute Sciatic pain
Who is this workshop for?
It is for anyone – regardless of beginner or advanced practitioner – who wishes to improve their mobility and flexibility of the hip joint, improve full front split and side split, increase the range of motion in daily activities and reduce discomfort in lower back, hips and knees.
☞ Join us to experience this transformative power of Yoga and elevate your practice! Sign up here.