What is it about
With everything that’s going in our daily lives, there is a need to take a step back so that we can recharge and be revitalised.
And that’s what Pranayama, the fourth ‘limb’ of Ashtanga Yoga, aims to do. Further than just the Asanas, which provides the physical boost, meditation plays an important part in calming the mind. Through the melding of both, this would help you to achieve a greater sense of balance in mind, body and spirit.
What are the benefits
- Provides stress relief
- Helps one to slow down in this fast-paced world
- Increase body sensitivity, thus deepening yoga practice
- Improves productivity and concentration
- Provides balance and stability
- Day 1: Focus on breathing techniques
- Art of breath control and usage of full lung capacity
- Day 2: Pranayama Techniques
- Understanding the different types of Pranayama techniques
Things to be aware of
- Do not push your body; adaptations to poses are possible
- Previous injuries – do highlight this to the instructor and perform adaptations if needed
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone is able to join this workshop
- If you do suffer from any previous injury, please inform the instructor beforehand