Info Session (14 Mar & 28 Mar)
Come and get a better understanding of the course and have your questions answered first-hand from the instructor, Basava. Sign up for the info session now.
Deeply relaxing, this 80-hour course covers the history, theory and practical of what Yin Yoga does, how it benefits you, what props you can use and if you wish to be an instructor, how to pass the knowledge on.
With increasing awareness of soft tissue health, this course will enable you to understand your body better, learn the techniques to teaching and overall to take self-care a step further.
What Can You Expect Out of this Course?
1. Understanding your body better
- Observe some minutes of silence to understand what your body is feeling
2. What to look out for when you execute the poses
- How you can deepen your practice
- How your breathing plays a part
3. Alternatives for the poses if you have injuries/prior conditions
4. What poses work for different conditions
- This is based on the different meridians (pathways for ‘qi’ or energy) as understood by traditional Chinese medicine
- We understand that everyone is different and may require different attention; variations
5. More practical sessions to get you familiarised with the poses
- Instructor will help to ensure that all poses are executed correctly or if you are experiencing any difficulties
6. How to teach this type of practice
- Teacher do and don’ts
- Finding your style
- What props/materials on hand you can use to help your students deepen their practice
7. Quizzes to help you learn and understand better
- Help you to see where you need more understanding/help in
Your Instructor - Basava
Hailing from Gadag, Karnataka in India, Basava has been practicing yoga for the past 6 years. His motivation to start stemmed from the lost of his beloved grandma to bronchial asthma. He learnt that yoga could help people with this condition, and that it could have helped her as well.
He soon got the opportunity to practise it during his college days and it was also beneficial to him. Besides reading, yoga became his other passion. To help others lead a healthy and peaceful life, he thus pursued a degree in yogic science .
Being in Singapore for the past one year, he hopes to help others better their lives and improve their well-being.
M.Sc in Yogic sciences
Certificate course in Yoga Studies (CYS)
In addition to learning the theories, participants will take part in practical sessions. Also, 20hrs out of this 80-hour course will be devoted to shadow teaching – participants, with the guidance of the instructor, will get to take up the teacher role in, turn with other participants.
Section 1: Introduction to Yin Yoga
a. Theory behind this yoga type
b. The Origins & History
c. Three Tattvas of Yin Yoga
e. The Practice
f. The Energetic Body
Section 2: Functional Approach to Yin Yoga
b. Skeletal Variations
c. Skeletal Segments for Compression Definition
d. Muscle Groups for Tension Definition
Section 3: Teaching Yin Yoga
a. Archetypal Postures and Variations
b. How to Teach Yin Yoga
c. Sequencing Classes
d. Yin Yoga Flows
*Syllabus might be updated.
This 80-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course is accredited by Yoga Alliance International. You will receive a Yoga Alliance International certification upon completion of the program. The hours clocked in can contribute to your yoga and teaching experiences, and be recognised around the world. To find out more about Yoga Alliance, please visit their website.
– No prerequisites required as long as you have the intention to grow personally and professionally
Course Details and Fee
Dates: 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 April, 1 & 2 May (Sats & Suns)
Time: 9am – 6pm
Duration: 8 days
Location: Jal Yoga (Alexandra), 456 Alexandra Road Road, #02-03, S119962
Fee: $2,199 (first 10 sign-ups only), $2,599 (regular)
– An advance deposit of $1,100 is required to reserve your slot for this course
– Prices include examinations, certification, manuals, and all other training materials
Note: As an effort to go green and paperless, the teaching manual will be provided in the form of a PDF version. Writing materials will be provided at the studio for your usage. (Let’s all do our part to help reduce clutter and save the environment)
– 10% discount for your next Teacher Training Course with Jal Yoga
– 1 month of classes complimentary
– Refund of the deposit is subject to a $117 processing fee and this will be deducted from your deposit
– Any cancellation received 45 days prior to the course start date will result in a 50% forfeit of the course fee
– No refund will be given for cancellation 30 days prior to course start date. The deposit amount can be used for future Teacher Training Course, subject to a $117 processing fee